Cracked heels are a common problem for people of all ages. Dry Cracked heels are commonly caused by dry skin and made more complicated if the skin around the rim of the heel is thick. Dry Cracked heels are caused by cracking or splitting of the skin. This splitting may be due to dryness or thickening of the skin that cracks and breaks under pressure. Seriously dry feet can occur for a number of reasons, including Dehydration, or not drinking enough water, Not moisturising your feet, Soaking in a hot bath for too long or too frequently, Using harsh, drying soaps on your feet, Scrubbing feet dry, Taking very hot baths or showers. Other causes include, standing for long hours, using harsh soaps, cold weather, continuous exposure to water, being overweight, and wearing improper footwear. The problem can be taken care of with some easy home remedy for cracked heels tips.
Rice flour used to exfoliate the skin on the feet and heels to remove the dead (dry) skin.
- Take 2 tabs honey, handful of ground rice flour and apple cider vinegar,
- Mix and make thick past, add 1 tabs olive oil or sweet almond oil.
- Soak feet in warm water for 15 minutes
- After that apple past ti the heels
- Repeat tips for few week.
Margosa (neem) leaves
Margosa (neem) leaves that contains anti-fungal properties which helps to treat the cracked heels.
- Crush a handful of margosa (neem) leaves to make a fine paste.
- Add turmeric powder to margosa (neem) leaves paste.
- Apply paste on the cracked heels and leave to 15 minutes.
- Wash your feet with warm water.
- Continue tips for few day.
Lemons is very effective in softening rough skin that leads to cracking.
- Dip your feet in warm water and add to salt, lemon juice, rose water.
- Soak feet for about 15 minutes in this water.
- Using a pumice stone or foot scrubber, scrub your heels and sides of the feet.
Bananas are one of the cheapest home remedies for cracked (dry) heels, thanks to their moisturizing properties.
- Mash bananas and make it a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste to on the cracks heels.
- Leave to 10-15 min.
- Wash your feet gently with some warm water.
- Do this every day for a few weeks to restore smooth heels.
Honey is most popular home remedies tip for cracked heels that you can use on your feet as it has antibacterial as well as moisturizing properties.
Mix a 3tabs of honey with a small bucket of warm water.
Soak your feet in the water for 15 min.
Scrub your feet gently.
Rosewater and Glycerin
Glycerin and Glycerin is a highly effective moisturizer. Create a foot soak with the following.
- Mixing equal amounts of glycerin and rosewater.
- Rubbing this mixture on the cracked heels.
- And all feet daily before going to bed at night.
A variety of coconut oils can be used to treat and prevent cracked heels.
- Before going to sleep, Soak your feet in warm water for 15 minutes and pat dry.
- And scrub your cracked heels with a pumice stone and then wash your feet.
- After that apply coconut oil (olive oil) on your heels.
- Repeat this for a 7days until the cracks in your heels are gone completely.
Aloe vera has soothing properties that helps to heal the cracked heels when applied regularly. Easy and effective aloe vera gel.
- Take handful of basil (tulsi) leaves and make it paste of about 1 tablespoon
- Then add 1 teaspoon each of turmeric powder and camphor powder.
- Mix all these well in 2 tabs of aloe vera gel and apply paste on your cracked heels
- Live for 15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.