Turmeric Contains Powerful Medicinal Properties. Most of the studies on this herb are using turmeric extracts that contain mostly turmeric itself, with dosages usually exceeding 1 gram per day. It is very difficult to reach these levels just using turmeric in your foods. That’s why you need to take a turmeric extract that contains significant amounts of turmeric. 8 Health Benefits of Turmeric.
- Boosts Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor– Turmeric can increase blood and brain levels of BDNF. It may be effective at delaying or even reversing many brain diseases. There is also the possibility that it could help improve memory and make you intelligent. Makes sense given its effects on BDNF levels, but this definitely needs to be tested in human controlled trials.
- Turmeric Is 100% Natural Anti-Inflammatory Compound– It is believed that chronic, low-level inflammation plays a major role in almost all chronic, Western disease. This includes heart disease, cancer, metabolic syndrome, and disease like Alzheimer.Therefore, anything that can help fight chronic, low-level inflammation is big importance in preventing and treating these diseases. It turns out that turmeric is strongly anti-inflammatory and it is so powerful that it simulates the effectiveness of some anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Turmeric Increases the Antioxidant Capacity of the Body-Turmeric can neutralize free radicals on its own, due to its chemical structure. But turmeric also boosts the activity of the body’s antioxidant enzymes, including agglutination per-oxidase and catalyses and super oxide diastase. Thus-turmeric delivers against oxidation damage. It blocks free radicals directly.
- Turmeric Can Help to Prevent (Even Treat) Cancer -Researchers have been studying turmerics a beneficial herb in cancer treatment. It can affect cancer growth and spread at the molecular level. Studies have shown that turmeric can reduce growth of new blood vessels in tumors, spread of cancer, as well as contributing to the death of cancer cells. Multiple studies have shown that turmeric can reduce the growth of cancer cells in the laboratory and inhibit the growth of tumors in test animals.
- Turmeric Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease -Turmeric has been using in reversing many steps in the pathological process of heart disease. Perhaps the main benefit of turmeric when it comes to heart disease. It improves the function of the lining of the blood vessels. It is well known that endothermic dysfunction is a major driver of heart disease and involves an inability of the endothermic to regulate blood pressure, blood clotting and various other factors.
- Turmeric may help to Fight Age-Related Chronic Diseases – As we knew turmeric help prevent heart disease, cancer and Alzheimer’s, then this would have obvious benefits for longevity. it has become very popular as an anti-aging supplement.But given that oxidation and inflammation are believed to play a role in aging, turmeric may have effects that go way beyond just prevention of disease. Useful in Preventing and Treating Alzheimer’s disease- It is good news on the horizon, because turmeric has been shown to cross the blood-brain barrier. It is known that oxidation damage play a role in Alzheimer’s disease. As we know, turmeric has beneficial effects on both. One key feature of Alzheimer’s disease is a buildup of protein tangles called Alkaloid plaques. Studies also show that turmeric can also help to clear these plaques.
- Turmeric is very beneficial for arthritis – Turmeric is a potent anti-inflammatory that’s why it makes sense that it could help with arthritis. Several studies show this to be true. In a pilot study of patients with rheumatoid arthritis, turmeric was even more effective than diclofenac, a non-steroidal anti- inflammatory drug. Many other studies have also show effects of turmeric on arthritis and observed improvements in various symptoms.
- Turmeric Has Incredible Benefits against Depression– Turmeric has showed some great output in treating depression, an incredibly common disorder. In a research, 60 patients were randomized into three groups. One group took Prozac, another group took a gram of turmeric and the third group took both Prozac and turmeric. After six weeks, Turmeric had led to improvements that were similar to Prozac. The group who took both Prozac and turmeric fared best. According to this study, turmeric is as effective as an SSRI antidepressant.Turmeric Mask Recipe for Flawless Skin.