Cracked heels are a common problem for people of all ages. Dry Cracked heels are commonly caused by dry skin and made more complicated if the skin around the rim of the heel is thick. Dry Cracked heels are caused by cracking or splitting of the skin. This splitting may be due to dryness or thickening of the skin that cracks and breaks under pressure. Seriously dry feet can occur for a number of reasons, including Dehydration, or not drinking enough water, Not moisturising your feet, Soaking in a hot bath for too long or too frequently, Using harsh, drying soaps on your feet, Scrubbing feet dry, Taking very hot baths or showers. Other causes include, standing for long hours, using harsh soaps, cold weather, continuous exposure to water, being overweight, and wearing improper footwear. The problem can be taken care of with some easy home remedy for cracked heels tips.
Rice flour used to exfoliate the skin on the feet and heels to remove the dead (dry) skin.
- Take 2 tabs honey, handful of ground rice flour and apple cider vinegar,
- Mix and make thick past, add 1 tabs olive oil or sweet almond oil.
- Soak feet in warm water for 15 minutes
- After that apple past ti the heels
- Repeat tips for few week.
Margosa (neem) leaves
Margosa (neem) leaves that contains anti-fungal properties which helps to treat the cracked heels.
- Crush a handful of margosa (neem) leaves to make a fine paste.
- Add turmeric powder to margosa (neem) leaves paste.
- Apply paste on the cracked heels and leave to 15 minutes.
- Wash your feet with warm water.
- Continue tips for few day.
Lemons is very effective in softening rough skin that leads to cracking.
- Dip your feet in warm water and add to salt, lemon juice, rose water.
- Soak feet for about 15 minutes in this water.
- Using a pumice stone or foot scrubber, scrub your heels and sides of the feet.